In our experience, marketing is the area that worries would-be self publishers more than anything else. That’s not surprising because most of us have little prior experience of selling books so marketing is a whole new skill. But it’s not that hard once you get the hang of it and, without the pressures of the traditional publishing system, there’s no need to rush. Take your time, start slowly and learn as you go.
- Five myths about marketing
- Useful books about marketing
- Taking the mystery out of metadata
- Linking to multiple Amazon sites
- Author websites – the basics
- Planning your author website
- 10 mistakes to avoid on your author website
- Selling books from your website
- Search engine optimisation – is it worth paying for?
- How to build traffic to your author website
- Rollover blues (the problem with interactivity)